Translate

Monday, May 9, 2011

Fresh Mango Sorbet

A few weeks ago, Thai mangoes were going real cheap in the fruit stalls. It was even cheaper in Giant Hypermart. I could not resist buying 10 whole mangoes for just $5.99. But what am I going to do with that whole lot?
Well, on a hot day, who wouldn't mind a whole scoop of cold refreshing sorbet. Yes! I am using those mangoes to make some mango sorbet. I flipped my book by David Lebovitz: The perfect Scoop and adapted my recipe from there.
                                         
Recipe Adapted from David Lebovitz: "The Perfect Scoop"
Makes 1 Lire
Mango Sorbet Recipe
Ingredients:
1 kg of ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded and cut
130g sugar
160 ml water
5 tsp of calamansi lime juice
1 tbsp of dark rum
Pinch of salt
Method:
Put the cut mangoes, sugar, water, lime juice, rum and salt into the blender to puree till smooth.
Taste and put more lime juice or rum if desired.
Chill the mixture thoroughly in the fridge.
Put it in the ice cream machine to churn.












1 comment:

kitchen flavours said...

This would be lovely and cooling in our hot weather here. It has been EXTREMLY hot this past two weeks. You are making me craving for some right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...