Translate

Friday, March 22, 2013

Seafood Crispy Tofu


I first ate this in a restaurant long ago and I really liked it very much. I remember it was very tasty and I could not stop eating it. It certainly has full of ingredients in the tofu. I had to bring some food to my friend's house one day and she requested for a tofu dish. I thought of this particular tasty tofu dish and I did not hesitate to look for the recipe on the net. I did find a few versions but just had to adapt and add on my own ingredients to the recipe.

Mine turned out just the way I wanted it.
This recipe is adapted from WendyinKK


Seafood Crispy Tofu

Ingredients:

6 tubes of egg tofu
1 block of white soft tofu (choose the one for steaming)
200g fish paste (fish that is blended to a pulp)
6 pieces of prawns, chopped and mashed
2 eggs
Half a grated carrot
6 water chestnuts, chopped or diced
2 tbsp of finely sliced spring onions
2 tbsp of finely sliced coriander
1 1/2 tbsp of corn flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 packet of potato flour for frying
Oil for deep frying

Method:

Get ready a heat proof metal tray or cake pan which is at least 2 inches deep.
Line it with heat resisitent plastic wrap for easy removal.
Put water in the steamer to boil.
Unwrap all the tofu and put it in a mixer.
Add in fish paste, prawns, carrots, water chestnuts, spring onion and coriander.
Turn the mixer on to low speed.
Mix thoroughly till well blended. 
Add the eggs and mix well again. 
Put in salt and pepper to taste and mix again.
Put the mixture into the lined pan.
Steam on medium heat for around 20 minutes. Checking it after 10 minutes.
As soon as it is hardened, test it with a skewer, if it comes out clean, it is done. Do not over steam the tofu.
Let the steamed tofu be totally cooled before removing it from the pan.
When the tofu is cooled, lift up the plastic wrap from the pan and onto the chopping board.
Cut the tofu into rectangular pieces.
Heat a pan of oil for deep frying.
Dip the pieces of tofu in the potato flour and coat it well.
Fry the pieces of tofu till golden brown.
Arrange the pieces nicely and serve warm.
It is nice to serve it with Thai chilli sauce and sweetened golden orange 'oil'. (gek you)


                                                                                                      



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp consolidation loans
loan rates

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful information specifically the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

Also visit my web page :: the tao of badass by joshua pellicer pdf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...